Now, let me just go ahead and say: I know that I have HORRIBLE punctuation grammar. I was never taught. Take it or leave it.
I'm a college student. I'm taking 17 credit hours. Now, not everyone realizes what all that encompasses. Let me break it down for ya: 2 labs, 2 online classes, and 3 lecture classes. 17 hours of my week are spent in a classroom. Now, there's a formula that's taught in all freshman level courses that breaks down your studying and the time spent....blah blah blah.... I don't remember it. I have, however, made my own little breakdown. For every in class "class" I should spend about 2 hours a day studying for it. 6 hours. For one of my labs I should spend an easy 1 hour a day. That's an hour. For online classes - that's an easy 2 hours a day per class. 4 hours. Now, I've established that I should be spending, oh, 11 hours a day studying. Not including the other two days that I'm IN class. Is this making ANY sense at all? Are you seeing that my time is thin? On a weekly basis that's 77 hours I should be studying.
Now, let me add this into the equation, I work! Not a full time job, but I sure as goodness try my best to work 2 days a week. That's an easy 14 hours.
I also teach a Wednesday night class at church. That's 2 hours that I'm there. There's prep time for that too by the way.
I attend bible study one night a week. That's another 2 hours.
I sing in the choir and have practice. Again, another 2 hours.
Oh, I also have parents that I don't get to see all the time (and I LIVE with them) because of all my school work. Don't forget that family is an integral part of my life.
Friends - well I don't get to see them nearly as much as I'd like to.
So PLEASE do NOT make me feel guilty when I don't have time to do anything. Because guess what? Sleep hasn't even been factored into this equation yet.
There are 168 hours in a week.
17 + 77 + 14 + 8 = 116 hours
8 hours of sleep times 7 days a week is 56 hours. Oh and I'm LUCKY to get that much sleep a week. Because I've been exceeding the homework and studying scale on a daily basis very much.
Oh and by the way - if you haven't figured out - I'm already on a deficit in hours........
I drive about three hours a day total when I have classes. Just throwing that in there.....
Now, do not get me wrong. I am NOT complaining. However, I would like a little understanding every now and then. Ya dig? I praise and thank God EVERY DAY that I'm able to keep going like that little pink bunny banging on its drum.
That's another topic for another blog....... God and church....... probably coming soon.
Now, I have to put in a few more hours of studying tonight. As the cookie crumbles I have three exams this week.
Remember "When the waves are over your head they're under HIS feet"................This means that the Lord never gets in over his head, he is always in control... Are you letting him help you?????

No comments:
Post a Comment