About Me

My photo
Oh, what can I say? I love to laugh and smile! I'm serious with a little bit of funny wrapped up. I love my Momma, but I'm a Daddy's girl. I'm Southern, and my charm flows...

Saturday, December 25, 2010

I'm dreaming of a White Christmas...

It's been since 1882 (I do believe) since we've had a White Christmas. This morning I slept rather late, 11:30 to be exact. That's the latest I have ever in my lifetime slept on Christmas Morning!! I mean I'm 26 I guess I don't get THAT excited over Santa anymore. However, he still brings me presents and fills my stocking :) This afternoon (since it really wasn't morning) Mom, Dad and I sat in the "great room" and had mulled cider while we watched the snow fall over the back portion of our land. Absolutely beautiful! Then, we decided it was time to get ready to go PLAY in the snow. Of course Mom took this as a photographic opportunity. I'm so glad she did! We've some pretty fun photos to frame and they will definitely spark our memories when we look at them! After I got finished rolling in the snow like a blooming idiot I darn well thought I had frost bite. So I camped out in front of the fire for a while. We all watched our FAVORITE Christmas movie together: A Christmas Story, and then Christmas dinner followed. 
So, you ask: Did I get everything I asked for? Plain and simple: I got more. Why? Well, because I didn't ask for anything. I got to spend WONDERFUL time with my AMAZING family. We enjoyed a beautiful gift sent down on our Lord's birthday. We had a delicious meal together. We LAUGHED together and just enjoyed each others company. The gifts were very nice in every way!! As a child we celebrated a "retail" Christmas just like most other families, but it wasn't a hugemongous affair. I'm really thankful for that now. Mom and Daddy really taught us what Christmas should be about. Christmas shouldn't be about breaking the bank, maxing out the credit cards or keeping up with The Jones'.  It's about something much greater than that. 
So in my 26th year I witnessed my first White Christmas. I'm so in LOVE with the snow. I'm one of those people. After our little "snow photo session" I had another first time in my 26 years.... Mom was putting the pictures on the computer and she said to me "Summer you are absolutely beautiful. Do you know that?" My response? Complete shock. And duh I said "No, I really didn't, and thank you." I'm not saying this is the first time ever in my life that she's said that, but it's the first time in my adult life that I remember her saying such. I've never really considered myself to be absolutely beautiful, beautiful, or even pretty for that matter. I've always just considered myself to be just me. Anyway, it's approaching the last half hour of Christmas - so Happy Christmas Friends. I hope you had wonderful days, and got all you asked for and more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment