This weekend I am attending the "Deeper Still" conference in Birmingham. Now, in May/June when I signed up to attend I was absolutely ecstatic, I could not WAIT for December to get here. August rolled around and I was still thrilled. Then, hello December. Guess what? Not thrilled. I was actually DREADING it. I have finals next week, and to be honest I really thought that I'd feel insanely guilty for neglecting the "study time." Forget getting "Deeper Still" in my Christian/Spiritual Life. Then, this morning Momma and I had a really great discussion about it. She gave me a new perspective on the weekend away. "Look at it as time to get away and get yourself a new perspective. You'll come back REFRESHED and ready to go." I'd looked at it that way in June, but not so much in the recent days. Now, as I sit here in the wonderful hotel room (I'm really not joking it's a pretty nice little place. Except I'm having to wait on sheets for my fold out bed. No linens for the bed here.) I'm so excited and glad and so many other things that I came. For so long my mother has RAVED about how terrific Kay Arthur is. Tonight I got to experience it first hand. WOW. I mean DOUBLE WOW. This 70 something year old woman rocked my socks right off my feet. I've really been struggling over some issues as of late, and I know I KNOW that this is the time for them to be resolved.
Look for some much more in depth ramblings later in the weekend. Like tomorrow night when I get home.
This weekend (in 2.5 hours tonight) has been POWERFUL. Tomorrow 13,900 women get to hear from Priscilla Shrier and Beth Moore. Maybe I should take some tissues?
Well, my sheets are here and my bed is made. I lost my zone when the sheet delivery person knocked on the door. Just know that I'm having an amazing time and I'm in a wonderful place.
I'm getting refreshed and renewed for finals, and life.
As I think about how SILLY it is that I wanted to stay home and overload myself with studying for finals I can't help but to think how just silly I was about it all. There IS a life outside of college. One day I will be a wife, a CHRISTIAN WIFE. What better place to engulf myself? What better time is there? Right now my vocabulary can not do this weekend justice. I'm so glad to be a part of this. I am so THANKFUL to be here. I'm so blessed to have my mother's words of encouragement.
Good night friends.

No comments:
Post a Comment